Tuesday, February 19, 2013

weekly appointments (weeks 10-12, and 14)

Week 10 (1/8/13)
Tuesday Jan. 1 was when the Hematoma was discovered and I had my first weekly monitoring with Dr. Curtis on Tuesday January 8.  James and Addy met me at PtoW (remember Tracy was still out of town) and we both were nervous about the ultrasound to see what the size of the hematoma was and if the baby was still ok.  James and Addy were a little late getting to the office so the first part of my u/s was just me and right away I knew baby was ok because he/she was moving like crazy and actually waving!  Both the u/s tech and I were so excited to see Baby G waving, I was bummed James and Addy missed Baby G waving but I told James it was like her or she was saying “hey mom…I’m ok”!  James and Addy came in a few minutes later and I honestly don’t think Addy blinked!  She was SO excited to see her baby brother or sister on the screen and was one proud big sister when the tech gave her pictures!  After the ultrasound we waited in Curtis waiting area for a room to open up and while we were waiting Dr. Curtis came around the corner and was SO excited to see us (and especially Addy)!  Once we were in a room she went over the size of the hematoma, what we needed to know, precautions. Etc.  She told us the biggest point of the hematoma was 6.5cm and said that it definitely wasn’t the biggest or smallest one she had seen before.  She said that there was nothing I could do or couldn’t do that would help or hurt the hematoma. She said for me to continue the progesterone injections for a few more weeks just in case they were helping (aka making my uterus a happy place) and to continue with pelvic rest and to take it easy.  She told me she wanted to continue seeing me weekly for ultrasounds until I reached 12 weeks.
10 week ultrasound  
Week 11 (1/15/13)
Another great ultrasound!  The tech told us that she thought the hematoma had shrank but wasn’t 100% sure.  Baby G was VERY active and we thought we might have seen “something” during the 3D part but the tech said she wasn’t sure.  She told James she would say 50.5% boy…haha (she said it wasn’t a hotdog or hamburger but possibly a corndog..haha!)  Curtis decided at this appointment to make it my official 12 week apt so I had to have a few extra exams and blood work done.  It was definitely a relief that she felt comfortable making my 11 week appt my official first pregnancy appt but I was still cautiously optimistic about the hematoma!  Dr. Curtis said the u/s showed the biggest part of the hematoma was 4.5 cm so we all were thrilled that it had shrunk! She reminded us that once I made it to 12 weeks we could decide how frequent we wanted to come for visits.  She also said she felt like we wouldn’t be able to see the hematoma at 20 weeks and that IF it was still there it probably wouldn’t be an issue. 
11 week ultrasound  (3D)
Week 12 (1/23/13)
Another great ultrasound…heartbeat was 148!  Baby was very active but legs closed tight!!  Both James and I could tell Dr. Curtis was very happy and relieved I had made it to 12 weeks!  Hematoma shrank a little…14.75ml (was 15ml last time).  At this point it was up to James and me on how frequent we wanted to come.  We decided to skip the weekly appointment and do a 2 week ultrasound (at 14 weeks and then one again at 16).  Dr. Curtis agreed and thought that was a great idea. 
12 week ultrasound (3D) 
Week 14 (2/8/13)
Tracy and Addy joined us for the ultrasound (we all were hoping that Baby G would cooperate and show us if it is a he or she)!  Baby G had other plans and decided to not let us have a peek… his or her legs were stiff as a board and closed tight!  Heart rate was 145 and baby was moving upper body a lot (I’m so in trouble once I start feeling baby move)!  After the u/s Tracy took Addy back to her house for a nap and James and I went to meet with Dr. Curtis.  She said the hematoma had shrunk from 14.75ml to 7ml!!!  We all were so happy!  She said I was still on restrictions for at least another month and gave me the ok to book my flight to WI in June for Addy’s yearly appt with Dr. Schroth.  We ran into one of my old preschool moms (Dr. Gaines) who was so happy to see us finally there for a pregnancy appt.  She had fun joking with us about our stubborn baby and both Gaines and Curtis made the predictions Baby G was a boy! 
baby foot :)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment