Saturday, February 9, 2013

IVF part 3 ~ August 2012-first Oct 2012

On August 17 I finally started my period so I called Bonnie and she sent in all the prescriptions I needed to get my body ready (not IVF medication)! Medicine's including Birth Control (to start on Sunday night), antibiotics for both James and myself and another antibiotic cream just for me. I also was given a prescription for 3 valiums to be used on the day of the embryo transfer. On August 19 I spoke with Dr. Curtis to give her an update!

On September 10 I finally met with Dr. Bailey (endocrinologist) and had my thyroid levels tested again…yes I felt like a pin cushion as this point and this was only the beginning)!  On September 11 I received a call from Dr. Bailey’s office stating my thyroid level was 2.9 which was great for TSH levels but not where Dr. Williams wanted them (he wanted 2.5).  So I was told to come off birth control, have my levels checked again in 2.5 weeks and hopefully wait for my next cycle.  I was very upset and disappointed as I really wanted to begin the IVF meds in September!  Baby Fever was in full force!

 On Oct 3 (James birthday…the day I was actually suppose to have the egg retrieval done) I had my thyroid levels tested again and on Oct 5 I received the call that they were at 2.14 and we were ready to start birth control again (once I started my next period which was suppose to be on Oct. 11)...yay!!!! 

On Oct 5 (only 5 days late which seemed like an eternity) I finally started my period and was able to start birth control again.  Bonnie scheduled an appointment for me with Dr. Smith on Oct. 26 for a baseline ultrasound.  If this ultrasound came back good (no cyst, etc.) then IVF meds would be ordered and I would start them on Nov. 1!  Oct. 26 seemed like an eternity away!!

1 comment:

  1. For those women who are experiencing difficulties in conceiving they will want to turn to IVF. However, generally the cost of IVF may prove to be too expensive for most women. Although there are not cheap IVF options available, there are natural methods you can use.

    IVF Cost

    ReplyDelete