Friday, February 15, 2013

IVF part 8 ~ post transfer days

11/16 Friday (Day 1 post transfer day, PTP)
I slept SO good the night before and spent the day watching lots of TV and working on preschool things.  My back was pretty sore and I had cramping.  Smokey and Tracy brought Addy home around 230 and spent the rest of the afternoon with me until James came home from work.  During the afternoon, Dr. Thomas called to say that 4 embryos had been frozen (2 yesterday and 2 today).  He said the 2 that were frozen yesterday were rated very high…all good news for when we decided to thaw and have another baby! 

11/19 Monday (Day 4 PTP)
Constant cramping stopped and only occurred occasionally…waiting very patiently (ha) for Monday’s blood test!

11/20 Tuesday (Day 5 PTP)
Lower back pain in the morning and woke up soaking wet (love those hormones).  I even had lots of hot flashes that morning at the preschool and later in the afternoon was very nauseous and had a headache.

11/21 Wednesday (Day 6 PTP)
Abdominal cramping and very tired!!

 11/22 Thursday ~ Thanksgiving Day (Day 7 PTP)
MAJOR emotional/hormonal spell that morning…LOTS of crying (for no reason…hmmm)! When we got to James grandparents’ house I was very nauseous and felt pretty bad the rest of the day I was very tired.

11/23 Friday (Day 7 PTP)
I was SO ready for Monday and doing lots of reading on the internet about taking a home pregnancy test because I had read were lots of other IVF patients had done it.  I was already 10 days past the trigger shot so I knew if I got a positive that meant I was pregnant BUT if I got a negative that didn’t necessarily mean I wasn’t pregnant as it could have been taken early.  That day I bought one but still hadn’t decided if I was going to take it or not!

 11/24 Saturday (Day 8 PTP)
Took a pregnancy test after talking to James about it (Lindsay was basically begging me at this point to do it..haha)…within seconds a BIG FAT POSITIVE! I actually hadn’t even laid the test down on the counter yet when I saw two lines!  We told our immediate family and close friends about the positive test and asked them to pray with us that this was in fact true!

11/26 Monday (Day 10 PTP)
Pregnancy blood test morning! I took the second home pregnancy test…still positive!  I went to physicians to women when they opened for lab work.  There was no way I was waiting until I got off work!  HCG blood test came back positive with my HCG level at 216,  Basically as long as the HCG level is over 25 your considered pregnant.  Now we waited for Wednesday to see if my levels would increase.

11/28 Wednesday (Day 12 PTP)
Went back to PtoW and my HCG levels were 420…woo hoo!!  I spoke with Bonnie that afternoon and she set my 6 week ultrasound date for Thursday Dec. 13 at 3:30 with Dr. Smith.

By December 8 I was having full blown early pregnancy symptoms…sore boobs, LOTS of nausea, headaches, etc! When I was pregnant with Addy I threw up for 4.5-5 months straight. None of that but honestly I would have taken that over the nausea!
My big fat postive on 11/26/12
 

1 comment:

  1. IVF is a medical procedure in which eggs are removed from the ovaries, combined with sperm in a special clinical environment, and ultimately returned to the womb in order to grow into infants. For woman who have problems with infertility or other reproductive disorders, IVF can be a solution that will enable them to conceive despite their problems.

    IVF Cost

    ReplyDelete