December 13 (Thursday) I had my 6 week appointment in Charlottesville with Dr. Smith. I knew at this appointment I would have an ultrasound to see how many babies, to check to see if there was a heartbeat (we wouldn't be able to hear it yet) and to see if the yolk sac was there. When I got there the lady at the front desk informed me that Dr. Smith wasn't there because she had gone into early labor the night before so I would be seeing Dr. Bateman (the 3rd doctor in the practice...the one who had actually started the practice and moved it from UVA). James and I were both so excited and nervous when they took us back for the u/s. When we were waiting for Dr. Bateman to come in Bonnie came in to visit and chat and stuck around for our news. When Dr. Bateman said one sac (aka one baby) I said outloud...YES (everyone laughed) haha! We also saw one very strong heartbeat (doctor's words). After my u/s we met with Dr. Bateman who was fabulous! We could tell he was so happy for us and told me he would be sending us on to Dr. Curtis and he would fax her all my files, u/s etc. When we went out of the room all the nurses and staff were standing there with HUGE smiles on their faces giving us lots of hugs. Other then seeing my baby on the ultrasound screen that was probably my second favorite part of the day. I could genuinely feel how excited and happy everyone was for us and it reminded me that they don't see to see this end of it a lot. I took the entire experience for granted because I didn't have fertility issues but that day all I could think about was those poor women who would die for a baby and can't get pregnant. It was such a great feeling to know these strangers (1 month ago) had become good friends and were so excited for us!

Our first ultrasound! If you look in the black circle the baby is in the upper left side (fuzzy part). This ultrasound picture makes me think of the Friends episode when Rachel (Jennifer Aniston) goes for her u/s and gets so upset because she can't see the baby! If you have seen the episode then you know what I'm talking about..haha!
On December 14 we told Addy she was going to be a big sister! I just couldn't wait until the 8 week appointment to tell her! We had been trying for SO LONG and one thing I have always said and wanted is that I wanted Addy to be a big sister. She gave us LOTS of smiles...such a sweet memory!
No comments:
Post a Comment