Addy had a great night! She had Chest Physical Thearpy (CPT) at 12:30 and again at 3:30 and then fell back asleep until 8:00 this morning! She had another X-Ray this morning but it didn't show any improvement. Addy's pulmonologist and PICU doctor are not too concerned with that only because her O2 and Heart Rate are so much better and she's on less oxygen (only 25%). The results from the culture finally came back negative and they are treating it as Atelectasis. Basically it's muscus plugs in her left lung that can cause it to collapse or turn into pneuomia. We definitely need to get her left lung clear and get the plugs out!!! This morning I FINALLY got my first smile from her and it was great! Please pray that we get her lung cleared out soon and she continues to progress forward and not back!
Sleeping Beauty
Watching Aristocats...sooo happy!
While posting pictures I found a few that I haven't posted from the past 2 weeks so enjoy!
Mason watching Addy drive her power chair
Taking Abby Cadabby for a ride!
Dynavox Eye Gaze System Trial
Learning how to make it work! She figured it out very quick and was in the Lady's private folder within 15 minutes...that's my girl!
All smiles!!
Hot Pink Lip Gloss!! :)
Daddy was NOT happy about this..haha
check out al my teeth!!
I am a friend of Randy and Lindsay, and I went to high school with Randy and James. I follow your blog (linked from Lindsay's)and I have been sending prayers up for Addy Grace. I am also a special education teacher in a rural school district in NC. We don't have the resources for a high-tech eye grazing system, but I've seen it in action at a conference. It is awesome! We us a low-tech eye gazing system here with a few students, and some have been able to begin to incorporate a big mac button for some responses in combination with the eye gazes. I hope that it opens a whole new world of communication for Addy.
ReplyDeleteKelly Shelton