Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 19

Today has been another great day for Addy!  The Trilogy arrived this afternoon and James and I have been fully educated on it and know and the ropes!  It is such a cool machine and we are super excited to FINALLY have it!!  It is going to be such a life saver for James, Addy and I!  Addy had spent the majority of the day off her BiPap.  Anytime we went to put her back on it she would throw a major temper tantrum but finally this evening we put her back on it and she's hanging out in her bed watching a movie.  After talking to Dr. Kayrouz today he felt like Addy is ready to go home.  He said that it's up to James and I when we are ready to take her home and we decided that we could stay in the night to monitor her on the Trilogy, shoot an X-Ray in the morning and hoping if that comes out good go home tomorrow.  If not, definitely by Saturday!  It has definitely been a LONG 19 days and we couldn't have gotten through it without a GREAT PICU staff (who has helped to spoil Addy) and all your thoughts and prayers!  We are hoping that tomorrow is the day we FINALLY get to take our little princess home!!
The Trilogy..woo hoo!!! 
Addy, Mandy (PICU nurse) and Mike (night Respiratory Therapist)
hoping to get more pictures tomorrow of the PICU staff and Addy!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe it!! It brings joyful tears to my eyes to see the Trilogy there and the words of Going Home actually becoming reality! I am so happy for you ALL! Thank the LORD for his healing hand!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete