Hey there...I received this message from a friend last night and wanted to pass it along! I went to the website and searched James and I and we were both there with our address, picture of our house, etc. I was actually listed under my maiden name as so if you don't find your married name definitely serach for your maiden name! My friend works for the US Attorney's office so I know this information is legit since she heard it at work!
Addy is doing good. The past two nights have been rough for her and us! She has been waking up hourly but thankfully going right back to sleep after James or I restart her movie. Monday night she had a fever but was fine Tuesday so who knows! We started her on the new diet last week so we aren't sure if the fever and lack of sleep are side affects from the diet, teething or maybe a tummy ache. Today we gave her, her first dose of Robinol which should dry up a lot of her secreations. Fingers crossed that it will work!! The second annual Addison Grace Garner Golf Tournament date has been set for July 23. Flyers should be coming out soon so if you would like one or know someone who is interested in playing please get in touch with James or I. If you would like a flyer to post somewhere please let us know!
Please keep Christina and her friend Meghan (and all the other traveling Marine wives/girlfriends) in your prayers tonight and tomorrow as they are flying to California tomorrow. Dock and Robbie got word on Monday that this weekend they were getting a 72 hour leave so the girls are flying out to spend a last few days together with them before the guys ship out at the end of the month! It will definitely be a fast trip but one that is totally worth it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
from Ashlee...
Hey there ladies, just wanted to share something with you...today at work I was told of (yet another) website out there that plasters our personal information for the world to see, for free. And this one may be the one of the scariest I've seen yet...it may show everything from your name, number of people in the house, names of those who live in the house, ages, whether you have children, children's names, your occupation, your phone number, and a map of the location of your house or in many cases an actual photo of your house, like a Google Map photo, and more. It's frightening to me that one website potentially offers ALL of that information in one spot and how dangerous it could possibly be for our families.
Luckily, they are apparently very good at removing your information if you request to do so. I'll list the link below and tell you how to remove yourself from the search. Just wanted to pass this along and please feel free to share it. Not all the information on this site is completely accurate, but in my case it was close enough to be scary. And I know everyone's information is out there, but I just REALLY don't care for this website, where it's all available in one place, for free!
Website:
www.spokeo.com
Once you get to the website, search for yourself and if you find it, copy the URL, then go back to the main page, go to the bottom of the main page screen and select "Privacy"...from there you will paste the URL that leads to your info, enter your e-mail and the verification code, then click the remove button. They'll send you and e-mail to confirm and there will be a link for you to click to complete the process.
*Just a note, you may have to search for and remove each person in your house, for example husbands, boyfriends, other relatives who live there, etc.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment