Last night as I was getting Addy ready for bed I noticed her button gums looked a little whiter then usual. I felt and sure enough one of her front bottom teeth had FINALLY broke through the gums a little!!!! This is definitely a gift from God!!! A lot of kids with SMA Type 1 don't cut any teeth and we've been waiting to see if Addy would. James and I are so excited and can't wait for it to come in the rest of the way. I keep trying to imagine what she's going to look like with one tooth (we've been looking at toothless gums for 14 months now)! She's slowly starting to catch up with her BFF Aubrey now (last I heard she had 6 teeth!!)There is a possibility that the tooth might reseed back into her gums but what another great blessing from our amazing God!!
When Addy was younger she loved sucking on her Green Soothie Paci from the Hospital and we had TONS (given to us by a wonderful Nurse) she eventually stopped using it but would occasionaly take one for Nana, James mom (never for me). Well last night I gave her a teething paci (looks like a paci but instead of the nipple it has a hard, rippled surface for her to gum) and she loved it! Here is a picture of Addy going to town on it. Thankfully we have two so I can take one over to Tracy's this morning!! Check back soon for an updated picture of Addy with her first tooth!!!
Sing praises to God -Psalm 47:6


Praise the Lord for teeth!!
ReplyDeleteShe is sooo precious. I cannot imagine what you and your family are going through and I wish there was something I could do. maybe sometime you could guest blog on my site and we could link it back to you with paypal to try to help your family out. I have been through a VERY seroius illness and I know how expensive things can get. Either way, I am now following you and I look forward to getting to know you more and learning more about your family. As a mother my heart just goes out to you. I do hope you will come by my blog and follow back. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. ~Juliana with A Blonde Walks Into A Blog
ReplyDelete