Thank you so much for all the thoughts and prayers on Monday. Surgery was a success and the kidney stone is FINALLY GONE (Did you notice how it's bold, all uppercase and bigger...can you tell I'm jumping for joy)??? James is feeling much better and is so glad that this is behind him. He says he is only going to drink water from now on (of course not the Roanoke Valley water..we learned that Roanoek is the kidney stone capital of the world due to the limestone in the water)...we'll see how long that last!
Addy had a great week. Poor thing had to miss out of her pool therapy this week due to James surgery, we tried rescheduling it but scheduled it for Friday and then the ice storm hit so we had to cancel it. She had regular PT with her pool therapist this week because her normal PT is out with severe back problems. Please say a prayer for Coreene...we heard they may be talking back surgery! Addy loves Coreene and I know she's going to be so happy to see her again even though she loves Carol (pool PT)..lots of "C" names! Wednesday, Addy had her RSV shot that we had rescheduled from the week before, poor thing had to get TWO SHOTS in both legs. She finally reached the weight limit (over 15 lbs) which means the medicine has to be split into two shots. Her favorite nurse Cecilia was the nurse giving the RSV shots and Cecilia was so impressed with how tough she was. Friday evening she had Daddy/Addy time while my mom and I went to a Pampered Chef party...it spent WAY TO MUCH MONEY!! I can't wait until we have a bigger home so I can have my own Pampered Chef parities..I just love that stuff! Yesterday she spent the afternoon with Grandpa Smokey and Nana (James parents) and her Great Aunt (times 3) Darlene while James and I had an afternoon together. It was so nice to get out just the two of us and spend time together but of course we were so excited to get home and squeeze our little princess.
I'm so excited to share with you that I've been doing "The Weigh Station" diet in Christansburg and now Roanoke. This was part of my Christmas gift and I started it on January 6. It hasn't be easy, because I've had to give up Carbs and Sweets (which are my two FAVORITE things to eat) but I feel like I'm doing good. I go each Wednesday to weigh in and the nurses have been so impressed with my weight loss. I don't want to lose A LOT but I definitely have the rest of the pregnancy weight to loss and then some. So far I've lost approx 15-18 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks (depending on which scale you go off..mine or theres). I've got a little more to go but now I can exercise so I'm hoping it will go EVEN FASTER! I've been using our Wii Fit some but we bought the Wii active yesterday and it is FANTASTIC!! I totally recommend it to anyone that is trying to get back in shape and tone muscle. I've done two workouts so far and I'm hooked and sore...haha!
I'm even more excited to share with you that the Gwendolyn Strong Foundation got 6th place in the Chase Community Giving on Facebook which means they WON an additional $100,000 on top of the $25,000 they won in round one! I think it is truely amazing that such a small group of people have gotten the awareness out about SMA and they were in the TOP 6 out of 100 charities (most of these known charities at that). THANK YOU SO MUCH for your support and for votingl You truely have helped made history in the SMA World and have helped to found a cure that much closer. Gwendolyn's parents posted this quote on their blog and I think it is so approriate
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that has.
-- Margaret Mead
Here are a few pictures of Addy from this week. We hope you all have a wonderful week!
Getting ready to go to Grandpa Smokey and Nan's on Saturday (shoes are WAY to big but they are too stink cute..she has leopard ones too)
Taking a nap (was watching Handy Manny) while mommy undates the blog (hooked up to her pulse ox machine)
Addy's friend Gwendolyn Strong...the picture they posted on their blog! Gwendolyn is wearing her BiPap mask (very smiliar to a Cpap for sleep apenia) if your curious what that was (Addy wears one when she sleeps at night).


No comments:
Post a Comment