This morning Addy had a check up with her Pulmonologist, Dr. Tamez. Her last appointment with him was back in September so James and I were a little concerned with how she would do since she isn't a fan of doctors! To our surprise she did FANTASTIC!!! We were and are sooooo proud of her! She weighed in at 15 lbs 10 oz and 28.25 inches long! Dr. Tamez was very pleased to hear how well she's been doing. He said he would like to see her again sometime in June or July (after we go back to WI to see Addy's other Pulmonologist, Dr. Schroth). We don't plan to make that trip until the Spring! We discused a few upcoming options for Addy one which is a vest to do her chest PT. Instead of James and I manually performing chest PT on her she would wear a vest which would "vibrate" her chest to break up any muscus in her lungs (this is commonly used with Cystic Fibrous and SMA patients). Dr. Tamez wasn't sure if Addy was big enough to wear the vest yet but he said he was going to look into it. Once Addy is able to wear the vest it would cut out about an hour of therapy a day that James and I (or Tracy) perform on Addy.
This afternoon Addy and I went to pick up the dogs at the groomers and FINALLY brought them home! They have been staying at James parent's house for the last month and half to two months. If you remember back in December we had a really bad wind storm which knocked down part of our privacy fence, then a few days later we had the blizzard. Once the snow finally melted James got the kidney stone so we had to wait a little longer before we could take down the rest of the fence. Yesterday we had a chain link fence put up because everytime we had strong winds our fence would fall. I think they are happy to be home (they have been sleeping all day) but I'm not sure how Addy feels because now she has to share the couch with them...haha!
This evening Addy had a Spa Night with mommy that started with a bath (is she spoiled or what??)! After the bath she got a "Vanilla and Oatmeal" lotion rub, gums brushed with her Abby Cadabby toothbrush she got from Santa (who would have thought this sweet kid could have stinky breath..haha), lip gloss and her hair blown dry with the blow dryer (which she LOVED). I have a feeling we may be regretting the Spa Night because she loved it and I know one day she'll be asking for it nightly!
Bath time....the beginning of Spa Night!
After Spa Night...I'm so spoiled!


Awwww....all clean. She has such a sweet grin. Love her. trina
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update, Addison is getting long. I haven't seen her in forever. Love the pictures. Debbie Davis
ReplyDelete