So I realize it's been a REALLY long time since I've updated the blog and that's because we've been pretty low key for the past few weeks! Last week when I weighed Addy she weighed in a 15 lbs 14oz and about 28 inches long (she's definitely got some length on her)!!! I've been meaning to weigh her to see if she's finally past 16 lbs so hopefully I'll remember to do it soon (she's napping right now). Since New Years Eve, we've kept Addy at home because it's been WAY to cold to take her out. She FINALLY got to go out Monday for pool therapy and then Wednesday as well.
The past week has been crazy for the Garners! James woke up on Saturday 1/9 with his third kidney stone (boooo), the poor guy has been in so much pain for the past week. If he doesn't pass the kidney stone by tomorrow (Monday) he is scheduled for surgery in the afternoon for his doctor to remove it. The doctor took an X-Ray and says it's a little bit bigger then a pea! On Wednesday James and I had a "date" (haha) at the ER because the pain had gotten worse. Thank goodness for Nana because we were there from about 7:45 pm-2:00 am!!
Along with our trip to the ER on Wednesday, we also had a scare with Addy. I am currently doing the "Weigh Station" diet out of Christiansburg and now Roanoke so I had to go weigh in on Wednesday. I took Addy with me because after I left this quick 15 minute appointment I was going to take Addy to the doctor so she could get her monthly RSV shot. When we got there I took Addy out of her new careseat (the one that lays flat) and put her in the old carseat, you know the one that you carry. I went right in, signed in and went back to the bathroom. As soon as I set the carrier on the floor I looked at Addy and she was turning BLUE! I immeditaly picked her up and starting suctioning and nothing was coming out so I started to shake her a little and that did the trick she started to come to. This has never happened to me before and I have to be honest and say I was quite proud of myself for staying SOMEWHAT calm! I put her Pulse Ox on and her numbers were great so I new there wasn't a mucus plug or she would still be having problems breathing. I then came to the conclusion that it was the car seat. Because the carseat keeps her body in a "C" shape it pushes her chin down to her chest which cuts off her airway. As you can imagine we will NOT be using this carseat to carry her around anymore. After the scare we went on to her doctor's appointment. She wasn't suppose to see her pediatrician, Dr. Nelson but I told the lady at the front desk what had just happened and asked if it was at all possible for her to see her. Dr. Nelson looked her over for a while and felt like she was ok, she agreed that it was the car seat. She decided to cancel her shot for this coming week. THANKFULLY a dear friend and nurse there, Cecillia was working and was the nurse giving the RSV shots today. When she heard what had happened she immeditaly came to my rescue and stayed with me until we left. We have such an awesome God and I am so glad that he was with me and Addy that day! He wrapped his loving arms around Addy and I and watched over and protected my liittle angel and helped me to stay calm. Addy is fine and you would never know it happened. As soon as we got home she took a really long nap (I think it had wore her out and scared her).
Please continue to keep us in your prayers! Pray for Addy's heath to stay good and of course fo her healing (that goes without saying right??) and PLEASE pray for this kidney stone to pass so James doesn't have to have surgery on Monday and if he does please pray for a successful surgery!
Here are a few pictures of Addy, I think all of them are in her Jammies!! The past few weeks she's been in her jammies a lot since we haven't taken her out!
Jammies and a hair bow!!!
My new Ballernia Jammies that Corenne (Addy's Physical Therapist) got her for Christmas...only Addy could pull off Ballernia Jammies and foam tape (the tape is used at night so her BiPap mask wont break down her skin)!
Sleeping beauty (right now)


Hey Jennifer. I just found Addy's blog. She's so precious. Praying for you and Addy often.
ReplyDelete