Yesterday Addy decided that Auntie Stine was too comfortable just doing the "normal routine" so she decided to scare her. I promise you that I'm not making light of this scary time but it just seems as soon as you let your guard down and start to relax something scary happens. I was at work and got a call on my cell from Christina and when I answered it I could hear the cough assist machine running and I could hear the fear in Christina voice. While Christina was doing Chest PT on Addy she turned blue. What we think happened was that she had too many secretions in her mouth (STILL due to the teething) and destated. I have read all over the internet that kids with SMA tend to destat while they are teething. Addy is completely fine and was back to normal within a few minutes. James came home and checked on her and Christina and all seemed fine so he went back to work. The funny thing about the whole situation is that Addy had been acting different this past week and as soon as this "spell" happened she was back to normal Addy, talking, moving her arms so it was like it almost snapped her out of it and she was feeling better...who knows! Unless you've been in a scary situation like this you won’t know what I'm talking about but one gift we receive from God during an emergency situation is adrenaline. When an emergency arises your adrenaline kicks in and you don't have to time panic, cry, etc. etc. etc. As soon as the situation is fine however, you lose it! I'm so glad that God was there yesterday to protect Addy and give Christina the adrenaline rush she needed to react as quickly as she did! I know he was there with his arms wrapped around Addy holding her tight. Thank you Christina for acting quickly and knowing just what to do! Words can’t express how grateful we are for you and you will never know how much it truly means to us! You are truly a life saver! Thank you for saving my babies life!!!
Last night we went over to James parent’s house so Addy could see Grandpa and Nana and so we could see their new kitchen. I’m not sure who missed who more…Addy or Nana! Haha! They are completely redoing their kitchen and it is beautiful! New cabinets, new appliances, new floors…it’s so nice!
For all of you that read this blog I would like to ask you to please pray for a dear friend of mine, Cannady and her baby Trey. If you have been following this blog you know that she is pregnant and is due April 3. Her doctor has diagnosed her with preeclampsia and she has been placed on bedrest until her due date. Her doctor has told her it is just a matter of time before Trey will be here and I’m sure she is scared to death! Right now her blood pressure and protein levels are ok so they don‘t need feel they need to take Trey early but eventually it will happen and it’s basically a waiting game. Please pray HARD that everything will be fine and both Cannady and Trey’s heath will be untouched and fine!
We hope you all have a FANTASTIC weekend with NO SNOW and 40 degree temperatures…woo hoo! What will we do with weather above freezing??
Here’s a bunch of pictures from last week and this week. I wish I had taken some of Christina and Addy but I forgot!Taking a nap after chest PT on Valentines Day!!
I'm so spoiled! I love getting presents!!
A few of my Valentine goodies
Skyping with Dock...yay he will be home in 2 weeks!!!!!
If you look close you can see him on the screen
More skyping...
Hanging out in my sweats!
Just melts my heart! James you are a FANTASTIC DAD! I love you both!!!
She got minnie for Valetines Day but the ears/hair bows came from Grandpa and Nana..when I showed her them she just kept laughing..it was too stinkin cute!!


No comments:
Post a Comment