Monday was such an exciting day for both Addy and I! I had the day off AGAIN due to the storm that blew through Monday night/Tuesday morning so we spent the entire day today! After she woke up AROUND 10:00 am...yes you are ready that right (one little Princess was very tired), we started her daily routine of feeding, meds and Chest PT and of course watched a little of the Disney Channel :) I signed on Facebook to check my message and Dock was on. I sent him a message letting him know that Addy was up and if he wanted to see her and talk to her now was a good time (usually when he gets on she's either napping or already in bed). I had just dowloaded Skype Monday so I was excited to try it out (Christina and him have been using it for a while now). So we both signed on Skype and got to talk and see each other for about 10-15 minutes. When Addy realized who she was talking to and looking at she immeditaly started smiling from ear to ear (Priceless). I held her arm up to support it and she waved to him for about 2 minutes without stopping (she makes me so proud). She was sooooo excited to see him and hear his voice (I show her his picture everyday and whenever she sees it she smiles and giggles so it was even more real for her when she got to hear his voice, there's something about Dock that Addy just adores)!!! As you can imagine Dock was so excited to talk to her too (he always calls her his little cupcake).
After this exciting moment Addy took a nap and then Auntie Stine came over so I could go weigh in (another 4 lbs this week which puts me at 22lbs total in 5 weeks!!) Once I got back home we ended up talking to Dock again on Skype (and Robbie...Addy was showing off her waving skills to him as well, what a flirt)! At this point Addy was getting pretty fussy because she needed another nap and as her and Christina layed on the floor together in front of the computer (so Dock could see them both at the same time) she fell asleep listening to his voice. Again another Priceless moment!! After we said our goodbyes to him Christina and I finished our project (details to come later) and had lots of girl talk! When James got home he surprised me with flowers! I always fuss at him when he brings them home but he also knows how much I love them! They are sooo pretty and two of my favorites (does he know me or what) Light Pink Gerbera Daisies and White Daisies! He also had the sweetest card and wrote me a letter explaining how proud he was of me for sticking with this diet and for the amount of weigh loss i've lost. Do I have the best hubby or what?? Today was such a great day and before I went to bed I definitely made sure to thank God for such a WONDERFUL DAY!! Did you remember to do the same??
I am soooo looking foward to this weekend!! Two baby showers in 1 weekend..woo hoo!! My dear friend Julia from Middle School and High School is having a baby girl in March and her baby shower is Friday!! It was suppose to be this past Saturday but was moved to Friday since we had all that WONDERFUL SNOW! I can't wait to see her and of course meet Braelyn in March! Another good friend, Cannady (who I've known for YEARS) is having her baby shower on Sunday and I can't wait to celebrate the soon to be birth of this baby! Cannady is due the frist of April and she is having a little boy, Trey! Cannady and I have joked since we found out she was pregnant that if she was having a boy that he would be Addy's boyfriend! James and I are soooo thrilled and excited for Kirk and Cannady and we can't WAIT to meet Trey and help spoil him rotten!!!
On another note....we are hoping to meet up with our wonderful friends the Sinks (Randy, Lindsay and Aubrey) this weekend!! We haven't seen them since before Christmas and I'm dying to see two of my favorite girls...can't wait to see you too Randy! Words can't describe how much this family means to James and I. They have been there for us since day one and have truly been amazing friends. They are a true blessing from God! As you know Addy and Aubrey are BFF's (Best Friends Forever) and we just love getting the girls together (lots of hair and hair bows!!)! I can't wait for the day when Lindsay and I can take the girls to the park or sit on the couch and talk as we watch our two girls play together!
Here are a few pictures of Addy skyping!
Fell asleep listening to Dock and Auntie Stine talk...how sweet!
*Dock Update: As I told you back in January I would do my best to keep you updated on any news I got. He told me yesterday that their location had changed (which is GREAT news). He said that this is a much better place (death totals have only been in the 20's where as the other place he was suppose to go had numbers in the 400's!!). He told me that he has done a little bit of reserach on the place and many pictures show soldiers chatting on the computer with their friends and family so hopefully that means they will get to do the same and him and Christina will get to talk often. This is definitely wonderful news and I was so happy and somewhat relieved to hear it. They get to come home for a week at the end of March and will be leaving for Afghanistan at the end of April. Once they leave they will be gone for 7 months (end of November/beginning of December?). He was telling Chrsitina yesterday that once they get back in the states he will go back to Twentynine Palms in CA (where he is now) for a week or two and then he will be home. He is thinking close to Christmas. I told her to prepare for the later date that way if it happened to be earlier she'd be so surprised and excited!


aww you do have a wonderful hubby!! So cute I bet those flowers are so pretty!! I don't get any this year but thats ok just talking to Dock and seeing his face is present enough! :) He really enjoyed talking and seeing Addy (and you!) yesterday it really made his day and I'm so glad it worked out! Now yall can talk whenever since you kind of got the handle on the skype!
ReplyDeleteChristina