Saturday, July 17, 2010

So I know it’s been a while since I’ve updated Addy’s blog but things have been a little crazy around the Garner household. Last Saturday we went to a family get together for one of James cousins. Addy was definitely in rare form (very fussy and junky), later that evening she ended up getting a fever but thankfully it didn’t last long. Sunday she seemed to be a little better; she was full of smiles but still a little junky! Monday she woke up fine so I decided to take her to pool therapy. On the way there she started to get really junky again so I ended up bringing her home and calling the doctor. We got her an afternoon appointment but she had to see a different doctor because Dr. Nelson wasn’t there. Dr. Cox wasn’t sure what was going on with Addy and wanted to do a chest x-ray to “air on the side of caution.” After talking to her Pulmonologist (Dr. Tamez) she decided to not do the chest x-ray, but instead to write a prescription for an antibiotic and for us to follow up with Dr. Tamez Tuesday morning. Dr. Tamez felt like Addy had a “summer cold.” He said her lungs sounded clear and for us to continue with the antibiotic and bump up Addy’s chest PT to four times a day rather than the normal two. Tuesday and Wednesday Addy and I stayed home and we both were getting cabin fever! Wednesday evening my mom, dad, Grandma and Christina came up to visit Addy. She was so excited to see them and played and smiled the entire time. Thursday Addy felt much better so I went out to run a few errands while Addy spent some time with Nana. Thursday evening Addy had a play date with Aubrey while Lindsay and I went walking. James and Randy kept the girls while Lindsay and I got to catch up on all the gossip! We were hoping that Stephanie would come but she passed because she felt like she was getting ready to go into labor!!! When we got home from walking Addy and I went over to check on her and sure enough she was!!! I took Addy home so she could spend some time with James and I went back over to Steph’s to keep her company with her mom. The three of us had the best time (even though poor Steph was in labor) As soon as Matt got home from EMT class off they went to the hospital and at 3:45 am Mason Timothy Dale Landis was born weighing 7lbs 11oz. Lucky Stephanie was only in labor for less than 12 hours, and this was her first baby! Yesterday James and I went up to see the new family and they are doing great. Mason is soooooo adorable and looks just like his daddy! James said that I looked like a natural holding a baby BOY and I told him to keep dreaming because Addy definitely didn’t need a brother or sister right now…haha! We can definitely get our baby fix with Mason since he lives next door!! While we were at the hospital Stephanie’s dad invited us to Mason’s dedication on August 1st and we can’t wait to celebrate this special time with their family!! Today has been a pretty low key day. Addy has been in a WONDERFUL mood! Full of smiles, laughs and very chatty…she even let me video some of it!! This Friday is the 2nd Annual Golf Tournament for Addy and we are getting so excited! I’ve made shirts for Addy, Aubrey and Mason to wear so make sure you check back a week from now to see all the pictures! Last year we had such a great time and are looking forward to another great year!!

Some of these pictures are from the week before...
Fell asleep her drainage from chest PT
passed out!!
BFF's!!! 
Standing her Physical Thearpy...the brace seemed to help keep her calm!
Such a big girl!!
First pair of SKINNY JEANS!!!
We organized all of Addy's medical supplies last week and here's what we came up wtih! 
 The tags were made using chalkboard paint!! 

Playing with Gramm and Auntie Stine

Piggies!!!
Mason Timothy Dale Landis...aka Addy's new Boyfriend!!!
So precious!!! Stole this from Steph's Facebook page!
Love this one too!!


1 comment:

  1. Love love love the organizer. You can come make me one anytime. I don't have to organize medical supplies...but I can always organize "something". hehe

    ReplyDelete