Hope everybody had a great weekend! Ours was a little busy along with a busy week! This past week was Dress Rehearsal at the Dance Studio so I spent my evenings at the Civic Center while James played the “single dad role” at night! I missed my little princess sooo much this week and I’m definitely going to spoil her rotten all this week! Friday I FINALLY had the opportunity to watch Aubrey and I can’t wait to do it again (as long as her mommy and daddy let me)!! We played, ate lots of yummy snacks, *attempted* to take a nap and FAILED and played some more. Addy loved spending time with her best friend except when it came time to sharing her mommy. She was not a fan of me holding Aubrey! “Miss Jealous” will be her new name and I’ve told everyone all weekend that James and I have learned it will be a while before Addy is a big sister since she does NOT like sharing! She’s definitely an attention hogger…wonder where she gets that from? Saturday was the Dance Recital so she spent the afternoon at Nana’s while James came to watch Allison dance. He was going to bring Addy but she ended up falling asleep! Saturday evening James and Addy went to our neighbor, Matt’s Surprise Birthday party and from what I heard she was the center of attention for the party. I’m sure Addy just hated that…haha! Sunday, Christina and I went to a baby shower for Meghan while James and Addy went to lunch at my Grandma’s house. If you remember Meghan is the wife to Robbie who is in Afghanistan with Dock. Meghan is due July 26! My Great Aunt and Uncle (and my aunt’s sister’s) surprised my Grandma Saturday by coming to visit her so we got to visit with them Sunday. My great uncle is one of my Grandpa’s brother’s who lives in Spokane Washington. They were visiting on the East Coast and decided to make an extra trip down to see my Grandma. I know she really enjoyed it!
This week is going to be CRAZY busy getting ready for our trip to Wisconsin. We finally got the confirmation from Angel Flight on Saturday that the pilot can fly us and all of Addy’s equipment…thank goodness!!! We will be leaving Thursday afternoon and flying to Madison, WI. Addy’s appointment is Friday morning with Dr. Schroth and her team of doctor’s. We will be leaving sometime Friday afternoon and flying back home. We are hoping to meet up with some friends who live outside of Madison but with it being such a short trip we aren’t sure if that’s going to be successful or not. James and I are so grateful that this pilot can fly us. The drive to Madison (nonstop) is 15 hours so I can even imagine how long it would have taken us to get there driving. Addy is doing TERRIBLE when it comes to riding in her car seat. For some reason she does not like it right now and cried when we put her in it. It’s starting to become a routine for her and is very stressful and overwhelming for James and me (happened again this morning when I tried to take her to pool therapy…ended up canceling because she kept getting upset every time I put her in the car seat, she’s so stubborn)!!!! When Addy cries she ends up holding her breath which makes her oxygen numbers drop to very scary numbers. Once this happens the only way to calm Addy is by picking her up so we are then rewarding a negative behavior which she has learned! She is so smart it’s quite unbelievable. Her Speech Therapists was actually commenting on this Friday. Not sure where she gets all the brain’s from!! Please pray for a safe and successful trip to Madison. Addy hasn’t flown in almost a year and I’m worried about our trip. She has to fly in her car seat (ugh!!!!) which could make for a fun 4 hours! The pilot has already said he plans to break the trip up by flying for 2 hours, stopping and refueling, and then flying the remaining 2 hours. I can count on one hand how many times I’ve been in an airplane and those trips were on BIG planes. This is obviously a private smaller plane so I’m a little nervous about that as well!! The following week we will be traveling back to Baltimore for a checkup with Addy’s Neurologist. So we have LOTS of traveling in store for the month of June. I will update about our trip to Madison as soon as we get home!
Hope you enjoy all the pictures!
Napping at Nana's on Memorial Day!
Miss Lady Liberty!
Posing with her Uncle Dock's picture on Memorial Day!! I love you Uncle Dock!!!
I love that smile!!
Aubrey playing with Maya
yummy Cheeros!!!
posing for a quick picture before banging on the door at Bailey :)
Watching Sesame Street with Abby!!
What would you do?
There is video that I would like to share with you. This video is on another Mom's blog that I follow and her daughter, Emily was diagnosed with a rare chromosome disorder. I really enjoy reading her blog and looking at pictures of her adorable daughter!! Please follow the link before and watch the video...


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOk I had to delete my last comment. I just woke up and didn't make sense.
ReplyDeleteAddy looks so precious & I love seeing her in those adorable little dresses.