Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

Hope everybody had a wonderful Mother’s Day weekend!! I had a wonderful weekend with my amazing family!! Friday night we went over to the Sink’s house for dinner and a play date. Aubrey and Addy had a lot of fun playing the first hour (tea party with the mommas while the daddy’s went to go get dinner) but the second hour went downhill FAST! Those two girls got so tired and grumpy fast!! Saturday James and I took Addy to the Mill Mountain Zoo and Star and we had a great time! I have been wanting to take Addy to the zoo for a long time and since it was a little cooler we decided Saturday would be a perfect day. The weather was beautiful EXCEPT for the wind!! It was so cold and windy on top of the mountain but we still had a great time and Addy LOVED seeing the animals (especially the Red Pandas) and riding the Zoo Choo with Daddy! We even got a few family pictures together (special thanks to the nice people who offered to take our picture together)! After the Zoo trip we went downtown and walked around the Market for a little while until it was time to go home for a LONG nap! Saturday evening Addy and James went next door for a cookout with Matt, Stephanie and Baby Landis (Baby Landis is due the end of July) while I went to a staff meeting at the studio. Sunday we spent the day at my Grandma’s house and visited with a lot of family members (one of my Great Aunt and Uncles were in from Wisconsin and my Aunt and Uncle were in from D.C.)! Addy was pretty grumpy on Sunday from the long and tiring weekend but she still enjoyed seeing everybody! James and Addy surprised me with a beautiful Digital Scrapbook for Mother’s Day and I can’t wait to share it with you all! He took pictures of Addy and us from the past 17 months and put them all together in a Digital Scrapbook from “shutterfly” with cute little captions, some favorite quotes and even some favorite Bible Scriptures! I LOVE IT!! Hoping this week isn’t too crazy so Addy can fully catch up on her rest and have a quick recovery from this busy weekend. Today she had Pool Therapy which didn’t go to well since she was so tired and then she missed Speech Therapy because she was napping. I felt like it was a good idea to cancel Speech today since she was so tired this morning. She had her first official Speech Therapy session on Friday and LOVED IT. She is learning to “blow” bubbles around on the wand but more importantly she LOVES popping them! Hope you all have a wonderful week!!




Posing above the Turtle for Nana!
In the Reptile House with Daddy (momm stayed outside because the stroller was too big)

Getting ready to ride the Zoo Choo with Daddy
The Zoo Choo was fun!!!

Wearing mommy's sunglasses
I LOVE my pink turtle from Grammy!! She got it at the Outer Banks
Nap time at Great Grandma's!!
Happy Mother's Day!!  Addy is passed out in my arms!
Addy made these for Grammy and Nana (and of course I made one for myself). 
Their's say "Happy Mother's Day)
Digital Scrapbook from James and Addy

A few quotes from inside that I love:
"If you live to be 100 I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 Day so I never have to live without you (Isn't that the truth!!)

If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together...there is something you must always remember.  You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...I'll always be with you. (makes me cry everytime I read it!!!)

Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart

1 comment:

  1. I loved those pictures of you Addy. I especially liked the one of you wearing your sunglasses. If I don't see you before Thursday, you guys have fun. I love you Addy, Grandpa Jim

    ReplyDelete