This afternoon James and I purchased our first minivan! It is the 2011 Toyota Sienna and we are hoping this is going to make our travels with Addy MUCH easier!! I was hoping to get a picture of her beside the van to post on here but she ended up taking a really late nap and after we finished our normal chest pt routine the sun was down and too dark to get a pictures soooo check back soon for a picture of Addy and her new ride! Eventually we will be taking out one of the center seats so Addy’s wheelchair stroller will fit in its place. Therefore Addy will be riding in her wheelchair able to look out the side windows which I know she’s going to love. We are definitely going to miss our GMC Acadia but are excited to have all the extra space the Sienna has!
This past week has been VERY stressful and scary for James and I. Many of you know already but Addy was sick but we aren’t 100% sure what she had. To make a very long story short we had put her on Claritin (per her Pediatrician) three weeks ago and it ended up making her allergy symptoms worse. Last Monday she started getting really junky so we took her to the doctor Tuesday. We ended up having a chest x-ray done to make sure everything was ok and per Dr. Tamez (local Pulmonologist) he said the x-ray looked like her airway had sight inflammation. We ended up putting her on a very strong antibiotic and bumped up her chest pt to every 4 hours while also using her Nebulizer (and a new medicine through that). She had A LOT of drainage from her nose and mouth and two nights she had a pretty high temperature. There were a few days were we couldn’t pick Addy up because every time we moved her she would choke due to all the secretions in her airway and mouth. Yesterday (Friday) I actually got to sit on the couch and hold her for a while and all I could do was just smile. Not being able to hold her broke m heart! Thankfully because of all your prayers she is feeling and doing much better.
Currently we are in the process of trying to get Addy a new BiPap. After talking to another family and Dr. Schroth we learned of a new machine (actually a ventilator but used as a BiPap) which has shown to be very successful. This machine also has a battery backup which would be AMAZING!!! Currently her BiPap does not have a battery backup. Our DME office does not carry this certain machine so we are hoping they will start carrying it so we don’t have to switch DME offices.
We don't have too many pictures of Addy since she was so sick so hope you enjoy the few that I've posted!
At Virginia Prosthetics...waiting to get fitted for new AFO's
Tracy and I had the pleasure of watching Aubrey last Thursday. Tracy watched her and Addy until noon and then I took over during the afternoon. I LOVE THIS KID!!
While Addy was napping we went outside and ran around the back yard. She loved Addy's sunglasses!
Last Saturday the Sinks and Garner's had a lunch and shopping date in Blacksburg. We went to the Gap Outlet and Old Navy (we had a 30% coupon) and then had lunch at Bulls and Bones. Addy was riding on her Uncle Bubba's (James) shoulders!
Picture of the van (stole from the internet) check back soon for pictures of the van and Addy!



Always enjoying Addy's pictures. Prayers were answered that she came through her sickness. woohoo.
ReplyDelete