We have been adjusting quite well as a family of four! James spent the first week home and I can't say enough how much we both enjoyed that time together with our babies! We have been so blessed by friends who have brought us dinner and will continue for the next couples (thank you Becky for setting up a meal plan for us)! Last Tuesday (8/6) we took Bryson for his weight check and he was already up 4oz from discharge (8lbs 4oz). Dr Nelson was so excited to see him and gave him lots of extra snuggles during our appointment. My c-section recovery has gone well and I'm pretty much pain free from that (I have occasional pain at the incision sight) but my anemia/blood loss recovery has been a different story! I can't express how exhausting you feel suffering from extreme anemia! Last Wednesday I woke up and my belly (below the belly button) was dark red/purple so naturally I became worried. I called my doctors office and was seen that afternoon (big thanks to Lindsay for driving me to that appointment so we didn't have to take Addy and Bryson out). Thankfully it wasn't anything serious. The doctor said that looking at my belly she could tell the internal bleeding I had was under the skin and not in the abdominal cavity like they originally thought. A week later and it's only gotten bigger and my belly has gotten harder. This past weekend it was pretty painful so I called my OB today and she said that was completely normal and sadly it was going to get worse before it got better and to keep taking my pain meds!

Bryson meeting Great Grandma Mary
First "Bath" aka sponge bath
all clean...smelling much better :)
checking out my big boy bed
I'm one week old!! 8/7/2013
watching Finding Nemo with sissy and she put me to sleep!
hanging out with my best buddy Cael!!
No comments:
Post a Comment