Friday, November 30, 2012

Happy 4th Birthday

My sweet Addy,

You are turning four today. Four fantastic years old. I’m not sure how that is even possible.

Over the past four years you have taught me so much!  I have learned that once you have a child you are more vulnerable then you ever dreamed possible. Loving you has shown me that I can’t control everything and that sometimes the most amazing moments come from just letting go, a little.

You have taught me that the amount of love that the heart can hold is endless and that just when I am certain I couldn’t possibly love you more; you make my heart nearly explode.

You have shown me that life passes by so quickly.

 You have brought me more joy than I ever dreamed possible. Looking into your eyes I see magic.  You believe anything is possible and know you can do anything you set your heart and mind to! 

It sounds so crazy to say the last 1,460 days have been blinked away, but it most definitely feels as though they have. I blinked and you were born.  I blinked and you weren’t my baby anymore but a toddler.  I blinked and now you a sweet young girl turning 4.

When you were born, I was so taken by your dark hair and those bright blue eyes; I couldn’t bear to look away. I forced myself to share you with others only to pray they would truly see how amazing you truly were. I knew then you would change the lives of so many!

Today I look at you and see the most beautiful blonde headed, hazel eyed, smart, sweet and sassy girl! You have grown from a helpless infant to an ’I can do it’ toddler to the independent little treasure you are now, I have often held my breath, hoping I would know when to hold your hand and when to stand behind you with a little push (the first time you drove your pink power chair I knew it was time to let go and let you do it on your own)!

When I look into your eyes, I see possibilities. You truly believe ANYTHING can happen.

During this last year I have seen the most significant changes in you – more than walking, more than talking.  I have seen the growth of your mind and of your heart. You are learning compassion and empathy. You are learning to give, to hurt, to be you.  

My sweet girl, I want you to always stay strong and know that you can be anything you want to be. I love that you love watching sports with your daddy, playing princesses with mommy, and reading books.  I love that you love preschool and I so enjoy watching you while you play and learn and grow!  Remember you can do anything you set your mind too!  You are strong like your daddy but you are creative like me.  That might be my favorite thing about you. We color, we sing, we dance…those moments are precious to me.

I want you to always remember and feel how loved you are!  There are so many people who love you and are always praying for you. Remember that Mommy and Daddy will always be your biggest fan but know that God loves you more than anything in the world and is always protecting you! 

I love you to the moon and back, always and forever!

XOXO
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Your tribute is so beautiful and full of love. Happy Birthday Addy

    ReplyDelete