Dock, Robbie and the rest of the Roanoke Marine guys FINALLY came home on Sunday Oct. 31. The homecoming was absolutely amazing even thought it was cold and windy! The drill center backs up against the airport so Christina and I got to watch the plane land as the Chaplain was talking to all the families. The bus that brought the guys to the Drill Center actually broke down so we had to wait even longer but the wait was definitely worth it!! Dock and no idea that Addy was going to be there and it was so fun surprising him!! We told him that she was going to stay with Addy that morning and boy wasn't he surprised when he finally got to see her. I made her a Homecoming Shirt for her to wear that said "I'm here to pick up my Uncle, CPL. Epperly"
Some of the pictures are out of order but I hope you enjoy them all...
Baby Reagan waiting to meet her daddy for the first time
Addy and Kenzie (Meghan and Robbie's Niece)
Meghan and Reagan waiting for RobbieMeghan's mom Mary holding a sign for Robbie...The statue of Liberty has NOTHING on her!
Kenzie and Denver :)
Denver is her Kindergarten class pet and when the teacher heard that Kenzie's Uncle was coming home that weekend she got to bring him home so Denver could share in the excitment!!
Waiting on her Uncle Dock to finally get home!!
The bus was escorted by probably at least 100 motorcyclists...it was amazing!
Finally seeing the bus for the first time
REALLY EXCITED!!!!
The guys are finally here!!!!
Dock and Robbie (center) waiting to greet their fellow Marines who were injured and came home early
Starting to run towards Christina...I love the look on his face :)
AT LAST!!!!! Gives me chills everytime I look at this picture :) :) :)
The Helms Family finally together!!!
Christina and Dock...the two of them ran to each other and she jumped into his arms it was AMAZING
I like this one because it has the flag in it
She stayed awake until the motorcyclists arrived and then she fell asleep.
This was the FIRST time Dock saw her!
Love him!!!
Dock and Allison
Robbie and his family (minus Meghan and Reagan)
Finally awake and the first time she saw Dock...I'd LOVE to know what she was thinking
Kisses for his cupcake
Somebody was CRANKY
Dock and Mom...I would say I like this picture but they were making fun of me!! :)
Sisterly love...love these two soooo much!
Very sleepy but here's a good picture of her shirt!
In front of mom's house
Allison and James wrestling in the front yard
We played in the front yard for the longest time waiting on Dock and Christina to get to the house
She loves her Aunt Allison
:) :) :)
Cure SMA pumpkin
Seeing Grandma for the first time
Dock was giving her his gifts that he brought back to her...whenever he goes somewhere he always brings her back a bear from that place. This time she got THREE!!! YES she thought she was so special and yes she knows she's spoiled! One bear was from Camp Leatherneck Afghanistan, another from Manas Kyrgyzstan (where they went after leaving Afghanistan) and the third was from Berlin Germany (where they were stranded for 2 days waiting on their plane to be fixed)
Dock and Addy and their famous hand holding picture
Meow...Addy the kitty cat!!
At this point she was very tired and was refusing to smile!
Dock reading to her and my parents
CURE SMA!!!
Addy and her three bears!
A little out of order but Christina, Dock, Robbie and Meghan
I LOVE this picture of Robbie and Kenzie...she loves Robbie so much and when I asked her what she was going to do when she saw him for the first time she said "cry" bless her heart!!





No comments:
Post a Comment